The camp has about 600 Hartford-area kids of varying ages having all kinds of fun. The day began with a tour led by McKinley Albert, with whom we collaborated on developing the camp’s new website, as well as one of the counselors. There was a lot to see. Highlights included:
- Hearing all about the pool and swimming lessons
- Checking out the new garden, which was planted by the campers and already sprouting squash and tomatoes
- Watching a camp counselor basketball game with some serious competition
- Exploring the computer lab and getting a rundown on the various kinds of work campers are doing
- Visiting the yoga studio
- Admiring the fabulous rope and obstacle course deep in the woods
During our visit some of the campers were participating in a mock trial, which was well attended and featured a lawyer from a Hartford firm acting as the judge.
The facilities at Camp Courant are impressive and well situated in the Farmington woods. It’s a truly beautiful setting.
It was a great visit for us at MRW to see the actual camp program (oldest of its kind in the country!), as it really reminded us why we were so excited to help Camp Courant develop a new website in the first place. It really makes it all worthwhile to have this connection. Thank you Josh, and McKinley, and everyone at Camp Courant!